Jordan Dotson is the founder of Project Happy Movement, and his mission is to openly talk about mental health, creating honest environments where people feel heard and reach their full potential.
Jordan speaks primarily at schools and businesses to “start the conversation,” and encourages people who feel they might be struggling, or know someone else who might be struggling, to not be afraid or feel ashamed to talk openly and honestly about mental illness, and create environments at work, school, and home where it’s safe to do so.
Some of the topics discussed:
• Project Happy Movement
• Destroying the stigma of mental health
• Creating safe environments to talk about mental health
• Combatting negative self talk
• Mental habits for battling depression
• The importance of seeking professional help
• How to replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts using a simple habit
• Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANTs)
• Jordan’s 7 steps to better mental health
• Being yourself and receiving love
• The importance of finding hope