Something I’ve had a growing awareness about lately is my, and everyone’s, inability to control things in business and life, and the inevitability that things will go wrong more often than I’d like them to. That’s not to say we can’t influence our lives, but control is limited.
I kept seeing this formula floating around Instagram a few months ago, E+R=O, and tracked it down like a wolf on the hunt to our guest on the podcast today, CEO of Focus3, Brian Kight.
At first glance, it’s just three letters, and while applying this formula to life is actually that simple, it’s more powerful than it appears. In fact, it’s one of the most powerful concepts I’ve ever heard of for handling situations better, and more importantly, making the best out of situations that are less than ideal.
E+R=O stands for Event+Response=Outcome, and today’s episode is a deep dive on how to apply it.
- Applying E+R=O in every day life
- How to improve discipline
- The first thing to do if you struggle with responding well to situations
- Stepping outside of your emotions to make better decisions
- How to not take things personally that other people do
Episode Mentions & Resources